Thursday 11 April 2013

The Wanderer

I am finally very pleased to release a photoshoot that I shot in February with a great team of friends, and the wonderful Emily Jago from STORM Models.

It was a hectic shoot schedule and after a few mishaps, we finally shot on a very pleasant day down on Camber Sands beach in East Sussex. The shoot was based on nomadic dress, and the art of modern layering. 

Being a freelance photographer, it is very difficult to shoot well on location without a team supporting you. Working with a group of very talented friends and the amazing Emily J, I was able to happily and successfully shoot away on 35mm all day long. After a little bit of post-production, we are all very happy with the results, and I believe it is one of my best shoots to date.

Any photographers out there who are scared to experiment on film, don't be! It is such a liberating way to work and has really improved the way I see my images and assess my art direction. As you cannot see the images you are taking like on digital cameras, you are forced to be more careful and trust your judgement in each frame.

I also, had a lovely feature on this shoot from The Creative Book, who have been nothing but supportive with my work! They are and amazing online platform for all creatives looking to get their work out into the industry, and collaborate with other creatives. Everyone should sign up and get working! 


----------

Photography and Art Direction: Sophia Chemaitelli
Styling: Scarlett Giannotti and Josh Abbott

Hair & Make-up: Kitty Kinder

Photographic Assistant: Sara Nia and Sian Collinge
Model: Emily J @ STORM










No comments:

Post a Comment