Thursday 22 September 2011

LFW - Amanda Wakeley S/S 12




I rushed from a lecture to Somerset House to pick up my LFW pass on Tuesday and ended up 2nd row at Amanda Wakeley's show in the BFC space. I'm glad I decided to go and collect my pass :) The collection was simple, eegant and modern. Simple lines, drapes and colours; some pieces were accompanied by belts and emebellishment, while others were just simple block coloured maxi dresses. My favourite pieces were the red and white striped pieces, because they were so simple but looksed so good made from chiffon as the model walked down the runway.

As I wasn't planning to go down to Somerset House that day I only had my iPhone with me, which did me very proud! In my opinion the show was a success as the collection can be easily worn by anyone and will never go out of style.


When the show was over I took a tour round the new designers area and got talking to a few designers, in particular a shoe designer called Liam Fahy who designed the shoes for Jasper Conran's S/S 12 collection. We had a very long conversation about the fashion industry and I hope to use his shoes in some of my future work as they are simply stunning.

It was a great day on the last day for Womenswear and I knew that Menswear would be equally as good. I'll bring you photos from Menswear Day in my upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment