Saturday 21 January 2012

DIY

After a long time of talking about doing a few DIYs on my clothes, I finally got round to starting! While getting dressed yesterday, I decided I was bored of wearing trousers and it the weather was definitely too cold to wear a mini skirt, so I thought it was the perfect time to DIY my black maxi skirt from Topshop.

I bought the maxi skirt 5 months ago and have only worn it twice since. There was nothing particularly wrong with it, I just found it a bit boring and never could find an excuse to wear it. Now that I developed a more dressy sense of style, I thought it would be the perfect time to sort it out. Having wanted a maxi skirt with a side split for a while and not being able to justify buying one, my current skirt would have to do. So I just took the scissors to it and the next minute I had what I wanted!

A very simple DIY that I advise everyone to give a go if they are pondering the decision. Having a split makes the skirt more visually interesting as well as making it easier to walk in, and a bit of leg is always sexier than none at all :)

Here's the finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment